Wednesday, December 25, 2013

New Coop for my Backyard Chickens

Using some new, some old, and some very old wood, I constructed a new (a 10x better) coop for my 3 chickens.  They deserve it.  They survived summer heat, dog attacks, animal control visits, minimal space and more.  I found this person's post - Wichita Cabin Coop - on backyardchickens.com and was highly inspired.  The paving stone "foundation" was what really drew me to these plans.  I think whoever built the original was much more skilled than I, so my coop is just a simplified version of the cabin coop you'll see if you follow the link.  Honestly, the doors were the hardest part.

The coop here in my S. St. Louis City back yard.

A supremely unflattering picture of our lovely residents.
Look! An egg on the first morning after the girls moved in.  Yummers.
If you'd like to know more about what I did and the materials I used, or if you live in or around St. Louis and you'd like to talk about me building you a sweet coop for your own urban farm, just drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment